Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Memories of mid-autumn festival

Mooncake festival is coming up, was quite excited abt it until the tea party just now in my office. My boss cleverly went to buy 8 mooncakes, but there were only 7 ppl. Common sense will tell you tt it can’t be done. Not to mention he bought like double-yolk mooncakes which I don’t eat. Forced myself to eat 3 slices. Urgh. Mooncake overdose.

Going JB by bus on Sunday to buy more mooncakes. How are we gonna carry all the boxes of mooncakes while squeezing on the bus is beyond me, so I wisely volunteered the services of tj. So I also don’t have to carry so much! Hehe.

Anyway yes. Mooncake festival. It’s a nice one for me cos my mum likes to organize these mooncake gatherings with my extended family, though not much mooncakes get eaten cos the adults will gossip and play mahjong, while the younger ones will go out and play sparkles, walk arnd the neighbourhood with lanterns etc. Very fun! Those were the days. Being the dajie, I’m entrusted with the responsibility of the safety of my little cousins, so must make sure everyone’s safe. Then as years go by my little cousins are not so little anymore. But we still do this once a year, though in the recent times we always end up walking to the park with lanterns, burning them in the park, then coming home without lanterns. Destructive boys I tell you… Looking forward to this year's, though I’ll prob won’t be eating much mooncakes!

No comments: