Thursday, September 28, 2006

Daiso

Was at Plaza Singapura last night to have dinner with yun. Haven’t been to PS in ages, so explored the place before yun came, and ended up buying something v cute for tj to complete the whole family! Hehe. After she arrived we ate at this quaint little café situated in an antique shop, food wasn’t half bad though I wished there was a lot more of the food. Then we walked around more.

Yes Daiso is now in town! Hehe. For the uninitiated, it’s this Jap $2 shop, everything for 2 dollars! They have a gigantic outlet in IMM, but since I work in the East, no sense in me going all the way to the west right? IMM reminds me of the days when I’ll meet my mum after school or work to go grocery shopping with her at Giant. And we’ll spend an inordinate amt of time in Daiso. Fun! So yes, me and yun were just browsing through the shelves and shelves of stuff, some of them entirely frivolous, some totally not worth the money, but still fun to browse through anywayz. There was this section devoted to cutesy Sanrio products. $2 for a Hello Kitty mousepad/stickers/small container! Brought back memories of the days when we were young and Hello Kitty was so cool but so ex. Now that we’re financially independent, Hello Kitty merchandise starts becoming cheap. Bleahz. But we gritted our teeth and walked by the shelf, no point spending money on something tt will end up just gathering dust somewhere rite?

It’s very tempting to just put stuff into the basket since it’s soooo cheap. But yeah I resisted and only ended up spending 6 bucks. And I got this peanut butter gel thingie. Basically it’s peanut butter flavoured, but the consistency is a lot more liquidy, so it doesn’t stick to the roof of ur mouth. Not too bad. But yah I can get skippy peanut butter (the small bottle) at less than 2 bucks. Hehe.

So yes, counting down to the weekend! Then tj’s going off on Monday. Sighz. It’s like 1 week of high then one month of him not being around. When he’s not around, I suffer from 1 week of withdrawal symptoms, 2 weeks of getting used to it, and another week of anticipating his return… Oh well…

No comments: