Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One year down the road…

Exactly 1 year ago, I joined this company, a huge change from my basic degree and my previous job. I had to learn everything fast within the first three months, with practically nobody to guide me, and I was the floater without any friends too… Then my colleague AT joined the dept from the neighbouring dept, and it got better I learnt a lot abt the workings of this organization, not to mention making fast friends with my lunch kakis… that certainly helped to make time faster and more enjoyable too… My CCA also helped as I got to work with a bunch of crazy young ppl to plan fun activities…

After about half a year, I started getting used to the workings here, and learnt abt the long rivalry between a few bosses here, how they’ll make things difficult for each other, making it v difficult for us small fries. Not to mention it’s v difficult to work w my boss in the first place, a v petty guy who says one thing and preaches another, who goes arnd in circles and takes his time on things, then when it isn’t done at the end of the year, turns around and points his finger at his staff… my appraisal was totally unfair and a mess, and while at tt time of appraisal I was super motivated to prove him wrong, I’m not sure I wanna do that anymore…

Thankfully, the recent good news made it tt much easier to hang on (at least until july) but I’m starting to look out for the next better thing I wanna do with my life. With rumours of our dept expanding and AT’s coming maternity leave, it’ll certainly change the dynamics around here… Hopefully not for the worst, the period she’s gg away is the 2nd busiest time of the year…

No comments: