Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Do you remember

Inspired by a Jack Johnson song that I love

Do you remember…

- When we first met, we chit-chatted on the train all the way from Buona Vista to Bugis and XM was beside us looking very bored, sms-ing his gf?
- The times we were sitting on the bus from Outram Park MRT to Jurong Island (vv) and we were talking about cats, exercise, food etc., and when we just go to the pantry to heat up our tabao-ed food, while everyone heads down to the canteen to eat?
- How it felt so warm and fuzzy sitting on Changi Beach on our sandals back-to-back while watching airplanes fly by and talking about everything and nothing in general?
- The first time we held hands after we finally told each other how we felt, in that small park in Serangoon Gardens?
- The first flowers you gave me and you told me you wanted us to look forward to the bright future together?
- When I fell very sick living alone in the hostel, you came over to nurse me, putting wet towels on my forehead, fetching water for me, buying me “honeysucker” water, porridge and feeding me my meds? And when I was having dysentery you came over to saying me, and called pharmacies for me to help me find medicine, looked so worried and wanted to send me to the hospital?
- Our cycling sessions to East Coast Park, sometimes with yummy picnics thrown in between?
- The time we went MacRitchie for tree-top walk and were totally drenched by the torrential rain, your sandals broke and we had to walk through the country club to find a cab? Thank goodness you always prepare some food on our outdoor adventures.
- How I’ll be so bitchy and irritating when you’re away (in Canada, China, Batam etc.) but when you’re back everything disappears and I’m so happy to see you?
- All our little cookouts in your house, from pasta and salad to pineapple rice and green curry?
- Our salsa/mahjong/squash/chilling out/outdoor adventures with our dear FAGs?
- Your dreadful accident and how all the arrangements sucked but you were still trying to be upbeat and cheer your mum and me up? And how I was so glad to finally see you get well. Your positive spirit always never fails to uplift me too
- All the little arguments we had over the wedding preparations, but one of us will always give in eventually?
- How we love to sing 80s songs while you drive me back home, and how we would always try to imitate the singers and end up going off-key?
- How you always make me laugh, and I hope, I always make you smile…

List to be continued…

No comments: