Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life Lessons

TJ and I have been attending this marriage preparation course conducted by Focus on the Family (the Singapore affiliate) every Tuesday evening for the past 4 weeks. One more week to go before we “graduate”. It’s a group session, where 6 couples sit down and listen to this old, recently retired couple talk about their life, love, marriage and anything under the sun. Many many tips from them, including marriage, financial and life lessons…

Looking at them, I’m very inspired to be like them, to have a strong relationship, to have an open, loving relationship with their children, to live life happy, knowing that they’ve led the life that they wanted, and have no regrets…

Which brings me to examine my own life. I’m happy relationships-wise, very excited that I’m going on this long life journey with TJ, family and friends are also supportive and caring. But I guess there’s still this big hole about what I really wanna do with my life, career-wise. I feel like I’m stuck in a rut, I surf net everyday, shop online, chit chat with friends, totally no motivation… The money is alright though, and the friends are great. Just that I’m getting too comfortable here, and that’s totally scary.

What do you want to do with your life?

No comments: