Monday, November 27, 2006

The Winds of Change

Ok so my mum went to hire a fengshui shifu to take a look at our house in an attempt to improve the business of my dad’s company. So he came, recommended a few changes, and yes so now my house is in a state of mess.

Everyone has to change room. So now I’ve shifted to my parent’s room, my sisters shift to my room, and my parents go to the sisters’ room. We spent yesterday afternoon shifting stuff, and dismantling beds + shifting king size mattresses are no joke I tell you. Not to mention inhaling the gigantic dust bunnies generated (I wonder what the maids have been doing all these while). After shifting everything not enough, must still shift cupboards from downstairs and my maid’s room upstairs for better luck. It’s like musical chairs, only with furniture. A bitch I can tell you. And we haven’t even started moving stuff in the wardrobe (clothes etc)

So now everyone is not happy:

1) Sisters. Now their room is a good ¾ of the original size, they have to squeeze two beds and two tables leaving them with little room to walk or dump more rubbish. Plus now their wardrobe size is halved, meaning they have to walk to my room to take clothes. AND they no longer have a tv. Worse, cos of fengshui, cheryl’s table is now at some weird 45 deg angle, making the room look smaller than it actually is.

2) Me. Now that my room is squarish, the placement of all cupboards and bed have to be by the wall (since fengshui man already dictated tt my bed has to flush against the wall.) This leaves me with a nice big sitting area but everything else looks weird cos I’m just pushing all cupboards to the wall. I now have a TV and a toilet in my room (was happily watching movies on hbo the whole of last nite) but then the toilet means my parents will come in every now and then to use it (and NOT close the door after) meaning I have less privacy and a stinky room. And I kept questioning the choice of furniture placement cos I always feel tt fengshui is supposed to bring harmony etc but I’m v v sure placing tables at 45degree angle will only cause ppl to bump into it more etc.

3) Parents. Dad now cannot come into his toilet and has to use the common toilet if he so wishes in the wee hours of the morning. And you know guys when they’re sleepy (or not) they tend to “spray” on the toilet seat. 20+ years of using an all girls’ toilet means we do not have the habit of lifting the seat up… so yah… Mum is pissed cos we’re totally not supportive (I keep questioning stuff) and she ends up shifting a lot of things by herself.

4) Maid. She has to endure my mum’s screams (mum’s a bitch tt way), help shift the heavy stuff, clean tons of dust bunnies, rearrange everything back etc. especially since nobody else really gives a damn.

I hope it’s just teething problems. We still have to shift our wardrobe and rearrange our stuff. Stupid fengshui man. All that trouble better count for something…

1 comment:

spikefire said...

that sounds so so much like a nightmare.. luckily my mum aint into this kindda of stuff.. and i have a habit of moving things around my room every now & den.. hehee..