Friday, June 09, 2006

Unwanted Attention

Close friends would have probably heard my whines about this one by now. Long story, but to borrow the words of a friend, “it’s complicated, yet simple. He's irritating and doesn’t get the hint, and you are never gonna like him.” How true. So if you break the whole episode down to its essence, as my friend did, then it really is simple. This applies to a lot of things that happen in our lives. We think so much into everything, of every small little action by people whom matter to us, that a lot of things become so much more complicated than they really are. By breaking things down to its simplest, perhaps a lot of worries and troubles will go away. One thing is for sure, that at least we’ll spend a lot less time trying to complicate things.

One thing for sure, this isn’t the first time. Perhaps it was the environment I was in, everyone was in lab coat and goggles all the time, guys were typically boring and didn’t go out there to meet new friends, much less girls. Perhaps its because I don’t really like to talk about my personal life, believing it to be my own, only revealing those to closer friends. Was afraid that tj wouldn’t like it, that he’ll misunderstand, thinking that I intentionally hid him from my friends, leading other guys on etc. But I’m so glad that he didn’t. He’s just my rock, my hiding place, my shelter from the storm. Thank you dear.

Of course one question comes to my mind, is there anything wrong with the way I deal with the opposite sex that makes them misunderstand my actions? Not that it had always happened, and usually guys do back off once they figured you’re attached. Which part of “I only treat you as a friend, and I already have a boyfriend” do you not understand? Cos it sure is irritating and scary when someone remembers every little small action that you do, or some offhand remark that you make jokingly, and takes it to mean something totally different. I was just being myself. *Shrugs* Deal with it.

Enough whining. Time to get back to my day.

1 comment:

spikefire said...

some ppl just dun get the hint lar.. some ppl need to be told in their faces.. "maybe not" does not mean "NO" to them.. be as direct as possible..