Monday, June 19, 2006

bloody hell

monday tt started out pretty good. rested weekend, watched prison break, the tv series tt's currently not available on ch5 or cable, so get the dvd series! it's even better than LOST, which is, in its 2nd season making me super lost liaoz... went to familiarisation to learn abt one of the subsidaries' operations, insightful... just that yah, airbus is out to sabotage my next year's bonus i tell u. stupid, delay the A380 for so long for wat? now everyone gonna be affected. bloody hell. and tdy's newspapers, boeing gonna delay the dreamliner too... wth, but at least tt one they give sufficient notice, so we can do forward planning... but still...

ok the worst thing tdy was: with effect of 1st Aug my stupid bus fare is gonna increase from $89.25 to $126. An increase of 40%. madness. ok i understand tt fuel prices are up, but 40% is way too much lor, even airlines dun charge so much extra... currently one-way fare is $60 but i pay more lah, to enjoy two-way, which is not super worth it since i take it like on average 2 times a week, but i figured it works out to abt 2 bucks a trip so why not... so now tt it's gonna be so ex (one way is still gonna be 90 bucks) i figured tt it's time to change the way i get to work... this leaves me with these few options:

1) take one way only, then take the bus back myself, pay $90/mth + watever it costs to get me home via sbs

2) go to work myself, squeeze on sbs, and squeeze on sbs back, est.: $50/mth
cons: no seats on the way there. other than tt, i still leave home arnd the same time and will reach on time (i arrive at 8am now, much too early anyways)

3) hitch a ride from my mum to tjc, then take bus in, again, sbs back. est.: $30/mth
pros: save more money, dunnid to squeeze on public bus for majority of the ride.
cons: i'll prob reach work too early again, but this also means i can drop by at bedok and have yummy breakfast...

4) source for other bus companies, but i have a feeling tt this particular company has a monopoly on this route from my house to my work place.

so yeah. most prob i have to find my own way back liaoz. which will take me at least 1.5 hours. sighz. but tt means i have the flexibility to work later (trust me, i'm not really looking forward to this) but i figured that i have to start working late anywayz since i getting alot more to do, and i keep having to go for trainings for this and tt, not as if my workload is lightened. oh well...

so wat do u think i shd do?

No comments: