Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5 years on

It's been five years. This year, we celebrated our five years together, by throwing all our dear friends a bbq to commemerate this ocassion, and to thank them for being such great friends.

I've so many things to say to you, and I guess this short little speech says most of it all.

Thank you dear, to 5 years, and to many many many more ahead of us.


"A dear friend once asked me, “How do you know if a person is the one?” That was soon after I accepted Tze Jun’s proposal, and it baffled me for a while. Not because I didn’t think that Tze Jun is the one for me, but because our entire relationship felt so natural that I never stopped to think about this.

Before I answer that question, let me tell you a little more about Tze Jun, the love of my life. He’s a cheapskate who will cycle 5 minutes to Bedok Central to buy milk, even though the provision shop just downstairs sells the same milk, just to save 50 cents. But he will not bat an eyelid when it comes to spending money on me. Not that I would let him splurge on me though, ‘cos actually I’m equally cheapskate. He will tiptoe around the house in the mornings when he wakes up at 545 to go to work, and dress in the dark, just to avoid waking me up from the noise. And sometimes, in the morning he will send me a sweet little sms, telling me how peaceful I looked when I was sleeping, and how much he loved me. He is also a person, who in spite of the pain and suffering he’s going through, will write everyone a note to tell them not to worry about him and to take care of themselves, and who, instead of feeling bitter at the situation, feel touched by the care and concern that everyone has given.

So how do you know if someone is the one for you? When you can’t imagine life without him, without his enthusiasm for life, without his goofiness and lame jokes that always make you laugh, and even though he still owes you a birthday present from last year’s birthday, he makes it up with sweet and small little gestures like preparing yummy sandwiches for lunch, and kissing you goodbye when he leaves for work.

More importantly, how do you let the person know you love him with all your heart? You tell him that the overcooked noodles are delicious, and smile and tell him it’s ok even though he damaged the dining table, thank him for every little thing he does, and end each day with a hug and a good night kiss.


Thank you dear, for being all that you are, and loving me for the way that I am. "

No comments: