Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vrrooom…

As a lot of you may know, I got my license a very long time ago (1 day after TJ got his!), but sad to say I haven’t been driving since. I blame it on being spoilt since my dates almost always drove, and laziness, though I keep telling people that it’s very 幸福 to have people chauffer you around, and it is…

Over the CNY, TJ and I were lucky to have a car available for us to drive for 2 weeks, and it was a good two weeks with the car even though driving is really not cheap. And I decided to relearn my driving.

It was surprisingly very fun, and before long, I was driving up to like 120km/h. Before you start scolding me, I was traveling along TPE/SLE where there are hardly any cars on the road and people were still zooming past me… Normally I don't go that fast... My parking is still a problem, and I almost got TJ killed once (or so he says), but it wasn’t all that bad I think. Although my friends are all pretty amused that I’m driving again =)

And I must say, I enjoy the feeling of driving, of being in control of where I’m going, and I like also the feeling of being able to send my drunk TJ home while he is sleeping in the car… I think I got potential to become a taitai, and have the use of the car to go market in the morns, go for manicures, go for mahjong and high tea sessions, and also ferry the kids to and from schools… hahaha

No comments: