Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Morning Storms

Well… It was such a gloomy morning, dark and gusty winds… and I was so praying that it wouldn’t rain until I got into office. Alas it was not meant to be, and 5 min before I arrived at office, it started to pour… And the strong winds ensured that umbrellas are of no use as shelter from the storm…

And guess what I saw on Channel NewsAsia website?

Morning storms expected

Posted: 23 July 2008 0738 hrs


SINGAPORE: If you are headed out Wednesday morning, you may want to bring along your umbrella. The weatherman said heavy showers with thunder and gusty winds are expected over many areas between 7am and 10am.



PUB also warned that flash floods may occur in low-lying areas in the event of heavy rain.



Traffic watch reported vehicles pinned by fallen trees in the Chinatown area. One tree is reported to have fallen on a taxi at about 7.35am at South Bridge Road heading towards Tanjong Pagar, at the junction of Pickering Street, causing slow moving traffic.



According to the meteorological department, there are showers with thunder all over the island and such weather can be expected over the next few days in the morning and afternoon.

- CNA/yb

Our very efficient weatherman issues us a warning of morning storms at 7.38am, when MOST of us would have stepped out of house to head to school/work already. Thanks hor, can give more advance warning next time? And it was so strange, first song I played today on my ipod (shuffle mode no less) was “Blame it on the weatherman”

On a lighter note, I placed my slightly wet bag on my chair when I arrived in office. When I removed the bag, I see the imprint of a smiley face on the chair :)

No comments: