Tuesday, June 26, 2007

the sweetest thing

The previous post got some ppl asking questions (very perceptive you guys) so yeah, I believe that the following pictures will explain it all… Lunch date at Jaan (Equinox, Swisshotel Stanford).

Lovely view, great food at great prices. And the best dessert ever, arriving in a black box =) on a chilled plate, with the magic words written in chocolate.


I was quite stunned, so the events that followed were kinda in a blur. He popped the question (on his knees of course) with a lovely, single stalk of rose. The ring was gorgeous, just the way I liked it (we did go ring window-shopping before that). So I just nodded my head, and he put the ring on… Only moments later did I realize that I forgot to say “Yes, I’d love to”, just like the way I’ve been mentally practicing to say.

It was quite a lovely surprise, the lunch was scheduled at the last minute, so he must have rushed through with all the planning… with help from the helpful staff at Jaan, though they screwed up the instructions abit, were kind enough to execute the whole thing for him.

Didn’t get to announce it earlier ‘cos the ring had to be resized and we wanted to tell the important ppl first before announcing it to the world.

More pictures:





5 comments:

mystrappyshoes said...

does this mean we were part of the 'important ppl' category?? =0p

car said...

of course lah.
so far the funniest reaction belongs to my "17-year-old" colleague. his eyes like machiam pop out liddat...

spikefire said...

i bet the 17yr old kid must have promoted you to the married-aunties-catagory already.. hehee..

ok.. i'll start saving for your wedding ANG PAO.. yanli gave me a great idea.. hahaa.. which involves a red piggy bank and daily donations.. haha..

car said...

actually the "kid" is my colleague who's 27 but according to my friends look 17.

the piggy bank idea is good. but dun give me coins hor ;)

JolynL said...

Hey gal, I'm really happy for u two gonna 共结连理 liaoz:)Gotta start saving up for that BIG red packet also hehe :)